Your Proposal for a “Humanities in Community” Presentation
At Madison’s Goodman Community Center (GCC, available during
October, 2021 – May, 2022), beginning at 6 PM,
on the 2nd-Monday of the month of _______ dated _________, 2021/2022
Check (X) after reading each point below, fill-in apt blanks and attach your response to an email to Joseph Lynch: firstname.lastname@example.org (copying: email@example.com). Some speakers simply prefer to reply by email listing the number of each question pertinent to your presentation.
PUBLICITY —for posters and social media —should be submitted by email NLT three weeks before your lecture date (see examples from previous flyers, especially on page-2, at: www.uproar21.us/recent)
1. __ Your name and position: ______________________________________
2. __ The deadline for submitting items 1-7 of this CHECKLIST is ______________________.
3. __ Your personal and /or group photo(s)
4. __ Brief bio
5 __ Brief title of your lecture
6. __ Brief description of your presentation
7. __ Links (or attachments) to web pages, images or slides that you may suggest for inclusion in our online posters or web pages.
WHERE, WHEN and HOW on the day of your presentation (FYI):
8. __WHERE: We usually use BOLZ A in the Goodman Community Center’s IRONWORKS -- (old Steinle Turret building) at 149 Waubesa St. -- but our room is sometimes reassigned on short notice (if necessary, check with folks at the Reception Desk).
9. __WHEN: Please, arrive by 5:40 PM to allow ample time for details and testing equipment.
10. __FORMAT: Our very flexible presentations begin at 6 pm, and Q&A often starts by 7, running for 20-30 minutes. However, our assigned room remains available until 8 pm.
A / V EQUIPMENT Needs, etc:
11. __ Computer? If needed, will you bring your own computer laptop/device? ___
Which, if any, of the following will you present: ___ SLIDES? ___ Video? __ Audio only?
12. __ Projector, do you need a projector provided by GCC? ____ (Our projectors include 5-watt audio speakers and the choice of an HDMI or a 15-pin VGA adapter cable for connecting a computer to a projector.)
13. __ Internet connections: Do you intend to stream audio or video material from the internet? ____ If so, we need to test that well in advance to avoid annoying buffering delays.
PERMISSIONS, RECORDING & COPYRIGHT ISSUES:
14, __ To which, if any, of the following do you consent regarding the recording and posting of your presentation on the internet? ___NONE ___Audio-video ___Audio only __Slides (to be shared by email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org)
15. __ Do you anticipate any copyright violations regarding slides or other materials recorded for posting online?
How might this checklist be more helpful?